Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Where has my time gone? To the dogs ?

It’s been a extremely busy summer. We have been doing some much needed work on our house,still more to be done...or is it ever really done? ;)
Sales have been fantastic and a BIG THANK YOU to all of my customers, you are the greatest!
 
I have had a few dogs to come my way & with a lot of help from a friend we were able to save them. I am forever grateful for my rescue friends who have devoted their life to saving the fur babies.  

The first dog this summer who sort of “came to me” was a gorgeous Coonhound.  I was contacted about this sweetie who had been brought into the shelter a few towns away. I was told she didn't stand much of a chance as she was due to have puppies anytime. Here is the south its VERY VERY hard to find much help and so many are euthanized. But I was told about a lady who might could help me and SHE DID! She has helped me with several dogs this summer and COUNTLESS other dogs in NE Arkansas. This remarkable lady really is a Angel on earth. 

 Please be sure to check back tomorrow and I am going to be offering a very special OOAK sign that will only be available for 2 weeks with all proceeds going to my rescue friend who does all her rescue work with donations and many times money out her pocket.
She found a rescue for Miss Coonhound and the others who came to me in one way or another this summer.
 
Me and Coonhound momma to be... she ended up having 11 puppies just a few days after this picture.

Coonhound momma has come a LONG WAY. She went from Pocahontas Arkansas to Jonesboro Arkansas. Then to St Louis Mo. Then BACK to Jonesboro Ar. Then to Ill. and now in her forever home in upper Michigan .
 
 This is Mr. Curley, he and his friend were living off the streets of Black Rock Ar. But some very kind folks couldn't let him and his buddy, Hoppy starve and made sure they were well fed and got with me to help them get these boys off the streets.
 Curley (now Jude) is now living happily ever after in St. Louis Mo.

This is Curley's (now Jude) buddy, Hoppy. They called him Hoppy as he sort of hops when he walks. Some mean folks ran over him on a 4 wheeler,must have broken his lower leg and it healed back all crocked,poor fella.. ~Hoppy is currently in Springfield Mo in his foster home. He is undergoing treatments for heart worms and hopefully will be well and ready for adoption later this fall.



 This silly boy is Lucky and LUCKY he sure is. He really did come to me, right to my porch steps.

 Mr. Lucky was rescued by a wonderful group in Colorado. Lucky is now in his foster home, doing great and will be for adoption soon. :)

 These 2 came to my neighbor's house. Before I could get them in a rescue the sweet brown boy was given away. Hopefully to a good home. But this sweetheart white puppy went to rescue.
And look at her now! She's all cleaned up and ready for her new home too. She is such a doll.
These fur babies could not have been saved if it had not been for my friend Angie. She is with Emerald Coast Animal Rescue. Thank you Angie!!

0 People said: