Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Looky here at what I got!


Looky what I got! Some might call it junk but its a little treasure chest of old goodies to me.
Now what to do with it is the big question. My dear brother Danny is always giving me old "stuff". I just wanted a few of these things to go with my collections but he insisted I take it all. I have a few old medicine bottles and tins so I knew I wanted a few more to add to them. I have a small collection of tobacco tins and found a few more to add them too.
 I love the old suitcase but not sure what to do with it. So if anyone has any decorating ideas please let me know.
(Pictures taken in our messy work shop not my house :))

I thinks these old toys may be from the 60's or 70's.Seems like I remember seeing the Burglar Alarm in Mad Magazine.
 Anyone got any idea what the old bottles with the black lids are? I was thinking old oil bottles??

 On this Flaxseed tin it tells you how to mix it up to cure coughs.
 I love this old box:
Dr. Rainey's Vitality Tablets.

For anemia,nervous debility,indigestion,lost vitality, Neurasthenia, and as a general tonic to the stomach,heart,kidneys and liver.
Sounds like they pretty much cover everything. ;)

Lucky Tiger hair tonic anyone? Looks like it may be Rose scented too.
 Carnation Milk
This old iron,still in the box,looks like it has never been used.



6 People said:

bayrayschild said...

Oh how fun Pam!
Your brother always gives you the neatess stuff.
My mom used Cashmere Bouquet. I loved the way it smelled.
Don't know what those bottles are with the black top, but I love your collection!

Audrey

Terry said...

Howdy Pam
I dropped in to wish you a Happy New Year from the looks of this treasure chest of fabulous goodies it looks like you are already well on your way to a fabulous time in 2011 :)
Congrats on the awesome finds from your brother !
He must be one fantastic brother .
Have fun !!!
I wish I knew what those bottles were with the black lids,maybe someone will know .
Take care now .
Until next time
Happy Trails

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Audrey the Cashmere Bouquet didnt hold its nice smell very well over the years,lol.One of these days Im going to share some of my brothers anitques with everyone.
Hugs~~Pam

Hello Terry! Thanks,he is a dandy good brother,spoils all his family. I wish you and yours a Happy New Year too!
Peace~~Pam

Cookie said...

just look at that smorgasbord of goodness! Your brother finds the coolest things - I still remember all the cool things in his shop, especially the pingpong table :)

Have a very happy New Year my friend - love you tons!
x0

Phyllis said...

Wow - that looks like you hit the jack pot!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!

PEA said...

wow what a loot girl. I am sure you will find some wonderful way to display it all.
Hugs,Pea